This week, The Banks will transform into Kroger Wellness Festival 2022: two full days of health-focused workshops, exercise classes and celebrity cameos aimed at helping Cincinnatians live healthier lives. Organized by Kroger, this year’s edition focuses on holistic care and features experts in nutrition, fitness, health and beauty. It takes place on Friday September 23 and Saturday September 24.
The Kroger Wellness Festival is your chance to hear from professional athletes, get health tips, training with Carrie Underwood and score gifts. Here’s everything you need to know.
Kroger Wellness Festival 2022:Chrissy Teigen, Abby Wambach, others added to lineup
When is the Kroger Wellness Festival?
The festival takes place on September 23 and 24 from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Where is he standing?
The festival will stretch along The Banks, Downtown.
Is the Kroger Wellness Festival free?
Yes, the festival is free. There are no tickets to reserve or buy.
Who will be featured?
The festival promises a celebrity lineup, including country singer Carrie Underwood, Chrissy Teigen and her mother, Pepper Teigen, Abby Wambach, Bethenny Frankel and more.
Underwood will lead a full cardio workout with her trainer Saturday on the BodyArmor stage. Teigen, a model, entrepreneur and cookbook author, will host a 30-minute cooking segment and “fireside chat” on Friday with her mom, a cookbook author and Food Network personality.
Attendees will also get a chance to catch up with Wambach, a two-time Olympic gold medalist and FIFA World Cup champion, after her moderated chat and Q&A segment on Friday. Later in the day, Frankel, a businesswoman and star of “The Real Housewives of New York City,” will host a wellness session at BodyArmor Stage.
The two days will end with a free concert. Eli Young Band will play on September 23 and Fitz and the Tantrums will play on September 24.
Other special guests include Olympic gold medalist Dominique Dawes, Bravo “Top Chef” celebrity and chef restaurateur Brian Malarkey and bodybuilder and trainer Allison Warrell.
Celebrities in Cincinnati:Jack Harlow dines at Jeff Ruby’s
Kroger or Kroger’s?Joe Burrow’s new ad rekindles the debate
Kroger Wellness Festival Events Calendar
The two days of the festival are filled with feel-good events on four stages. See the main event program, organized by stage, below.
Friday, September 23:
- 1-1:30 p.m.: “Mind Over Matter Live!” with Love Squad Founder and Peloton Instructor Ally Love.
- 2-2:45 p.m.: “Becoming a Food Entrepreneur” with TV personality Kyle Cooke and more.
- 3:15-3:45 p.m.: Bethenny Frankel leads a wellness session.
- 5-5.45 p.m.: “Renewal through nature”. Discover the power of nature and natural foods.
- 6:15-7:00 p.m.: Societal pressures, career, marriage and motherhood are at the center of “Empowerment”.
Johnson & Johnson Stage
- 11-11:30 a.m.: Abby Wambach will participate in a moderated discussion and Q&A segment, followed by a meet and greet.
- 12-12:30 p.m.: Water Sommelier Martin Riese examines the fundamentals of water with a tasting experience.
- 1-1:45 p.m.: EC Synkowski examines the relationship between food, diet, culture, and intuitive eating.
- 2:30-3:00 p.m.: Chrissy Teigen and her mother, Pepper Teigen, discuss embracing cultural traditions.
- 3:30-4:00 p.m.: Cincinnati Fear athletes talk about the esports industry and physical and mental health.
- 4:00-4:30 p.m. Cincinnati Bearcats pep rally with coaches, players, band, cheerleaders and dance team.
- 5-6:30 p.m.: Eli Young Band performs, presented by Rodney McMullen.
American greetings scene
- 11:15 a.m. to 11:45 a.m.: Workshop on Leaders Putting Wellbeing at Work First, featuring Britney Ruby Miller and Paaras Parker.
- 12:00-12:45: Discussion on the future of healthcare with regional leaders.
- 1-2pm: Discussions on Hispanic food, culture and movement for Hispanic Heritage Month.
- 2:30-3:00 p.m.: Meet experts in transformative cancer care.
- 4:15-5 p.m.: “Sober Curious” author Ruby Warrington talks about the Curious sober movement.
- 5:15-5:45pm: Learn holistic approaches to accelerating your skin’s metabolism with Morgan Angelique Owens and Krissy Rubio.
- 6:15-6:45 p.m.: “Curvy cardio” class with Morgan Angelique Owens.
Laura’s lean phase
- 12:15-12:45 p.m.: Kroger and PepsiCo compete to make the best meal with “ugly” ingredients.
- 1:15 to 1:45 p.m.: Chrissy Teigen hosts a cooking segment.
- 2-2:30 p.m.: Brian Malarkey of “Top Chef” shares his best cooking tips.
- 3-3:30 p.m.: Discover how food intertwines the cultures of African Diaspora peoples and learn about African culinary influences on American history.
- 4-4:30 p.m.: Pepper Teigen revisits classic Thai dishes.
- 5-5:30 p.m.: Cooking with Marty and Amanda Brennaman.
Saturday September 24:
- 11am-12pm: Workout led by Alanna Martella and Allison Warrell.
- 12:30 p.m. to 1 p.m.: Olympic gold medalist Mary Wineberg and Tony the Tiger will celebrate the winners of Mission Tiger, a program to help fund school sports teams.
- 1 to 1:30 p.m. Fireside chat on prescription drug abuse.
- 2:30-3:00 p.m.: Carrie Underwood and her trainer lead a full-body cardio workout.
- 5-5:30 p.m.: Fitz and the Tantrums performs.
- 6-6:45pm: Learn the basics of training for a marathon.
Johnson & Johnson Stage
- 11-11:30 a.m.: FC Cincinnati and the Cincinnati Sirens are hosting a football clinic for attendees ages 5 and up.
- 12 p.m.-12:45 p.m.: Cardio fitness dance class.
- 1:15-1:45 p.m.: Learn about AgNoireDay and increase the number of Black growers and other business owners who can be part of the Ohio produce supply chain.
- 3-3:30 p.m.: Dominique Dawes leads a family gymnastics activity.
- 4-5 p.m.: Silent disco.
- 5:15-5:45: Confidence building for teens and tweens.
American greetings scene
- 12:30-1:00 p.m.: Social media mental health advice with Dylan Barbour of “The Bachelor” and TikToker Megan Mitchell.
- 1:15 p.m.-2 p.m.: “Power Aging” workshop.
- 2:15-3:00 p.m.: Experts discuss inclusive trends in the personal care and beauty industry.
- 3:30-4:00 p.m.: Panelists discuss self-love and empowerment.
- 4-4:30 p.m.: Learn about goal setting, consistency, and accountability in “Peak Performance Coaching.”
- 5:30-6 p.m.: Hear from disability rights advocates in “Able + Ready: Redefining Disabilities.”
Laura’s lean phase
- 12:00 p.m. to 12:30 p.m.: Experience wellness for the whole family with Kroger Health and Lemons + Zest.
- 1:15-1:45 p.m.: Join TikToker Megan Mitchell for “Power in Pride.”
- 2:15-2:45 p.m.: Explore easy-to-prepare meals with Chef Vanessa Miller and JonJon of iHeart Radio.
- 3:15-4 p.m.: Cincinnati Bengals legend Anthony Munoz, former professional baseball player Steve Garvey and Olympic gold medalist Mary Wineberg are featured on “Top of Their Game.”
- 4:30-5 p.m.: Matt James of “The Bachelor” prepares his signature smoothie.
- 5:15-5:45pm: Coffee and protein recipes to fuel your morning.
- 6:15-7:00 p.m.: Debate “Food as medicine”.