Deadline: October 31, 2022
Applications are open for LeadNext Ambassadors for a Global Future Program 2023. LeadNext is building a vibrant network of future leaders aged 18-25 from across Asia and the United States and supporting their growth, impact and ability to meet today’s greatest challenges.
With the profound structural changes that will transform geopolitics, global governance, the global economic order and the social landscape over the next decade, a new generation of globally minded leaders is imperative. The LeadNext program provides emerging leaders from all cultures and disciplines with strong international networks, exposure to diverse experiences, and leadership tools to guide the future thoughtfully.
Harnessing the innovation and energy of young leaders is essential. Positive and lasting change will depend on leaders who can advance ideas and actions to tackle growing inequalities, find solutions to climate crises, mitigate conflict and empower the most vulnerable and precarious communities.
- Intensive leadership training (January-March 2023): Fellows meet 1-3 times a week for several weeks to learn social change leadership skills. Fellows explore how unique experiences underpin their leadership strengths and gain tools for self-awareness, public speaking, and increasing impact. The Intensive emphasizes collaboration and exchange. Fellows work together to broaden their understanding of globalization and global citizenship and share insights from their unique backgrounds and experiences.
- Monthly virtual masterclasses (March-July 2023): Global experts provide exposure to the real-world experiences of leaders in the United States and Asia addressing a range of 21st century issues. Fellows develop skills, tools, and sustainable frameworks to better understand the policies and ecosystems that drive impact. They study complex issues, processes, and challenges of social change in the United States and Asia and bring their collective experiences to these discussions.
- World Leaders Summit (week of July 17, 2023): The 2023 cornerstone convocation will take place in the San Francisco Bay Area. Fellows will deepen and broaden their learning through rigorous exchange, ongoing leadership development, and tools to meet the challenges of the 21st century. They will also be exposed to cutting-edge approaches and best practices in innovative leadership.
- Mentoring: Fellows are matched with a professional mentor based on their specific interests. These mentors are drawn from the Foundation’s extensive network to connect emerging leaders with recognized leaders, influencers and shapers.
- Applicants are between the ages of 18 and 25 throughout the program year.
- Perfectly at ease in English.
- Able to commit to attending all sessions knowing that they work in many time zones. The virtual sessions will take place in the morning in Asia and in the evening in the United States for approximately 2 hours per session. The Summit is a full-time commitment.
LeadNext Fellows are dynamic emerging leaders from across sectors who are committed to taking creative approaches to solving issues such as climate change, inequality, injustice, poverty, or other pressing issues. Fellows demonstrate exceptional character and integrity and are respected leaders within their communities who are interested in cross-cultural exchange.
For more information, visit LeadNext Fellows.