by Analytics Insight
March 6, 2022
The best robot applications made the Tokyo 2020 Olympics very interesting
We all know that the international sporting mega-event, the Tokyo 2020 Olympics, started on July 23, 2021, with the final on August 8, 2021. The ongoing COVID-19 pandemic has already postponed the dates and forced the governing body, the IOC, implement robotics in different stages to maintain strict protocols. Let’s explore how many types of robot applications are to be used in the Tokyo 2020 Olympics.
- Remote-controlled AI vehicles: Tokyo has launched field support robots that use cameras and sensors to transport luggage to athletes to strictly maintain protocols in the Olympic Village
- Human Support Robots: These robots help guide spectators and athletes to their destinations by overcoming obstacles in the way
- Delivery Assistance Robots: These robots help deliver snacks and merchandise to spectators and supporters to avoid crowds in stores.
- 3D Athlete Tracking: Intel and Alibaba partnership launched 3DAT to present real-time data to track and monitor performance at events using artificial intelligence and computer vision
- Miraitowa and Someity: Miraitowa is a small blue puppet-sized robot, while Someity is a cute pink robot with big eyes. He is there to welcome athletes and spectators to the venues.
- T-HR3: A life-size humanoid robot is ready to give athletes high-fives and hold a conversation for spectators to enjoy
- T-TR1: T-TR1 is ready to provide an immersive experience for visitors unable to attend in person due to the pandemic
So, Tokyo 2020 Olympics is expected to hold amazing matches and races as well as showcase amazing cute robots to meet the expectation of athletes and spectators to feel the mega-event.
Share this article
Do the sharing
About the Author
More info about the author